Frequently asked questions (FAQ)
I've tried to gather together some of the most frequently asked questions about 'Shopify & You' and answer them. If your question is not answered, please feel free to contact me.
What is Shopify & You?
Shopify & You is an easy-to-use, step-by-step ebook that covers everything you need to know about designing, setting up and running a truly awesome online store with Shopify. It's illustrated with more than 350 full-color images, written in a manner that is free of technical jargon and it is presented in an easy-to-read PDF format.
What is the guarantee?
It's a lifetime unconditional guarantee. That means that if you're not happy with your purchase, I'll refund you. Just send me an email. Let me know why you're not happy with the book - that helps me to make it better for everyone else.
What about the new version of Shopify?
The book is fully updated to the latest version of the Shopify admin.
After I purchase, how will I receive the ebook?
You will receive an email to the email address you indicated during the purchase. That email will contain a link to download the ebook.
In what format is the ebook?
The ebook is in PDF format, a widely supported standard. The PDF has been created with a table of contents to help you easily navigate the book. The hyperlinks (or links) in the book are also clickable though this may depend what software you use to view it.
What devices can be used to view the ebook?
You should be able to view the ebook on the following devices:
- Laptop or desktop computer: On a Windows PC you can view it using Adobe Reader. On a Mac, you can view it using the Preview app that comes with your computer.
- iPad: On the iPad, you can view the ebook in the iBooks app. When you download the book on your iPad, you should be given the option to Download in iBooks. The latest version of iBooks now provides clickable links and a table of contents. There are many other apps available to read PDFs on your iPad.
- Other tablets: This will depend on what exact tablet you have. For Android there are many apps available for viewing PDF files.
- Kindle Fire: It seems that you can read PDF files on the Kindle Fire. You may need to install the Adobe PDF Reader or another app.
- iPhone and iPod touch: Similarly you can download the PDF and read it in iBooks or another PDF reader.
- Nook: It seems that the Nook can read PDFs. Follow these instructions on how to download a PDF to your Nook. Not having a Nook to hand, I am not clear what the reading experience is for this book. Bear in mind that the filesize of the PDF is 30 - 40MB and it features more than 350 full-color images.
- Windows Phone 7: You can view PDFs using the Adobe Reader app or another app.
Will I receive updates to the ebook?
Yes, if you have bought the book, you will receive free updates during the lifetime of the book. For each update, you will receive an email with a link to download it.
What is covered in the book?
For more information on the books contents, I suggest you take a look at the excerpt of the book that includes the table of contents, introduction and the first chapter. Download the excerpt ».
Who is the author of Shopify & You and what qualifies him to write this book?
My name is Thomas Holmes and I was born and raised in Dublin, Ireland. Today I live on the island of Paros in Greece. So what qualifies me to write this book? For a start, donkey’s years playing and working on the Internet. I created my first website in the summer of 1994. I was immediately hooked and I’ve been working with the web ever since. My first business was an Internet marketing consultancy called logic+intuition. In 2007 I created my first online store. Over a period of four years, this second business generated nearly 1.5 million euros in sales. With this book, I’m launching my third Internet-related venture. By the way, I love photography and they’re my photos that you'll see throughout the book.
If I haven't answered your question, please do contact me.