An introduction to Google Analytics for ecommerce came out just a week ago and the response has been amazing. It's exciting to see that so many people have read the book and to receive feedback from all over the world.
In the six days since the book was published:
- It's been read by thousands of people and in more than 80 different countries.
- It was featured in the Swiss Miss blog, recognized by the Times Online as one of the world's best design blogs.
- On the day it was published, it was announced on the official Google Analytics account on Twitter.
- Avinash Kaushik, the analytics expert, shared the book on Twitter, describing it as an excellent guide and included the hash tag #smartstuff. Avinash is the author of two best-selling books on Google Analytics, as well as now being the Digital Marketing Evangelist for Google.
- The book was shared on Twitter by KISSmetrics, CrazyEgg, Shopify, Simply Business, Storenvy and hundreds of others. It was tweeted about in Japan, Uruguay, France, Spain, Mexico, Germany, Switzerland, South Africa, India, as well as the U.S., Canada, U.K., Australia, etc.
- Adam Singer of Google Analytics included it an article on The Future Buzz, describing it as: "a wonderful (and free) introductory guide to Google Analytics for e-commerce. While advanced users are already aces at using analytics for e-commerce, it is an area many new users are still sharpening their skills in. Nab the guide on Thomas’ site – it’s visually quite good and the content will get you up to speed quickly on just how easy it is to use Google Analytics for your e-commerce site."
Here are a selection of tweets talking about the book:
@shopifyandyou I love it. Nice work!— Hiten Shah (@hnshah) April 22, 2013
Essential reading for store owners that use (or don't use) Google Analytics shopifyandyou.com/pages/google-a…— Mark Dunkley (@markdunkley) April 22, 2013
If you're interested in Google Analytics, ecommerce, and free things, you'll like this: bit.ly/11y5qS7— General Assembly (@GA) April 30, 2013
@shopifyandyou Thanks for sharing Thomas. Just gave it a quick glace and looks super interesting. Will dig into it more later :) ^SG— Unbounce (@unbounce) April 22, 2013
@shopifyandyou Thank you for the great e-book.— Rudolf Moczar (@rmoczar) April 22, 2013
If you have a ecommerce store and want to learn more on how to use Google analytics you need to read this: shopifyandyou.com/pages/google-a…— PHP Genie (@PHPGenie) April 22, 2013
If you run an online shop, here are step-by-step instructions for configuring Google Analytics to track your... fb.me/2lKMfgHWL— Camp Tech (@CampTechCo) April 26, 2013
If you haven't already read the book, you can download it for free or read it online by clicking into one of the chapters linked below.